Genealogical Search Services
In addition to the holdings of the Philadelphia Jewish Archives Collection at Temple University, fee-based genealogical searching in specialized resources is also offered by the Philadelphia Jewish Archives Center.
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) Records -- Cost $ 36.00 per name searched
- Includes searches of
- Records of Arrivals to the port of Philadelphia, compiled by HIAS representatives, 1884-1921.
- Indexes to Philadelphia port Arrivals, 1884-1921.
- Naturalization Cards, for Philadelphia c.1910-1950.
- Immigrant Banks Database -- Cost $ 18.00 per name searched
- Includes searches for depositor names in these Philadelphia banks:
- Blitzstein Bank, June 1888-June 1902, Dec. 1903-Dec. 1930
- Lipschutz Bank, 1906-1920, 1923-1948.
- Rosenbaum Bank, 1894-1927
To request a search for your ancestor in one or both files above, please complete the attached form and submit it with the appropriate payment to the PJAC.
Other Genealogical Resources
Genealogical Search Form
Allow four (4) weeks processing time for your searches to be completed.
Note that PJAC fee-based searching is not conducted by Temple University staff.